Park Rapids Area Attractions
- Things to see
- Itasca State Park
- Site of the headwaters of the Mississippi River and home to one of Minnesota’s largest tracts of old growth forest. Features a newly built interpretive center and gift shop.
- Itasca State Park has Great paved trails that wind through the trees and lakes in the park. Rentals are available.
- Running from Park Rapids To Walker the Heartland Trail is one of Minnesota’s favorite bike trails. Rentals are available in Park Rapids and Nevis. Many like to bike from Park Rapids to Dorset for lunch and then return.
- Amusement Parks
- World of Christmas/Evergreen Park. Located on county hwy freeway interstate 71, ten miles north of Park Rapids. They also have a miniature golf course.
- ATV Trails
- We are located on the edge of the Paul Bunyan Forest with access to some of the best ATV and OHV trails in the state.
- Area Trail Maps ›
- The park rapids area has hundreds of miles of well groomed snowmobile trails. You can access the trail system right from Mantrap Lodge.
- Area Trail Maps ›
Headwaters Country Club
Championship course, 18 holes, par 72. Located in Park Rapids. Excellent, well developed course. 218-732-4832
visit The Headwaters Club website ›
Championship course, 18 holes, par 72. Located just north of Menahga. A newer but beautiful and well designed. 218-564-4653.
visit Blueberry Pines Golf Course website ›
Tianna Country Club
Championship course, 18 holes, par 72. Located about 2 miles west of Walker on 34. 218-547-1712
visit Tianna Country Club website ›
Executive course, 18 holes, par 64. Located 8 miles north of Park Rapids on highway 71. A great course, and well maintained. 218-732-7102
visit EagleView website ›
All of our cabins have 1-5 bedrooms, full kitchens w/microwaves, coffee makers, and park style grills. High-chairs & cribs are available at no extra charge.
See All Cabins
Our full-service boat rentals with premium unleaded gas and outboard motor oil include everything you need to get out on the water.
See All Boats
Mantrap hosts regularly-scheduled activities for the whole family during our prime season, from massage treatments to scavenger hunts and more.